Ren Ng, founder of Lytro’s pocket-size light-field camera, and Steve Chen, co-founder of YouTube, were named as Winners of the World's First Visual Innovation Award.
Congrats also to the following recipients of the Visual Innovation Runner-Up Award:
Achin Bhowmik, Intel vice president, development and deployment lead for Intel RealSense camera technology; Bill Dally, senior vice president and chief scientist, nVIDIA, for CUDA; Reed Hastings, co-founder and chief executive officer of Netflix; Brendan Iribe, co-founder and chief executive officer of Oculus, VR; and Alex Kipman, inventor, Microsoft Kinect.
Watch the 7 finalists' keynotes on the IEEE ICIP YouTube channel.
ICIP is the world’s largest and most comprehensive technical conference focused on image and video processing and computer vision.
The conference will feature world-class speakers, tutorials, exhibits, and a vision technology showcase.
Search the ICIP 2016 Proceedings on IEEE Xplore
Browse the ICIP Technical Program
Download the Conference App
- Advance Registration deadline: September 15, 2016 — After this date, on-site registration opens on September 25 at the Phoenix Convention Center.
- ICIP 2016 has been chosen by magazine Computer Vision News as the Event of the Month of September: read why at http://www.rsipvision.com/ComputerVisionNews-2016September/
- Most accepted ICIP 2016 papers are available NOW on the IEEE Xplore Open Preview! Seach the ICIP 2016 Proceedings on IEEE XPlore or Browse the ICIP 2016 Technical Program. You can also access ICIP 2016 papers, program, and events on your mobile devices using the IEEE ICIP 2016 App.
- List of Accepted Papers posted under Conference Program.
- Check out the list of Tutorials to be held on Sunday 25 September 2016. IEEE ICIP 2016 allows a Tutorials-Only Registration for attendees who cannot attend the full conference program.
New Initiatives for ICIP 2016
- Maximize the visibility of your work via open preview on IEEE Xplore: Papers accepted to ICIP 2016 will (upon author approval) be available on IEEE Xplore, freely accessible and downloadable by all in their final format from August 25 until shortly after the conference ends.
- Cast your votes for the finalists in the Visual Innovation Award by September 27, 2016: The Visual Innovation Award was created to recognize pioneers of transformative technologies and business models in areas within the technical scope of the IEEE ICIP conference series.
- Maximize the visibility of your work through reproducible research: ICIP 2016 supports reproducible research by allowing authors to submit supplementary material, including code and data.
- Maximize your networking and career connections: attendees will be given the opportunity to upload their CVs to be shared among interested recruiters for full-time, part-time, and consulting job opportunities.
- Experience state-of-the-art visual technology products and prototypes at the ICIP 2016 Visual Technology Showcase.
- ICIP Tutorials and Welcome Reception: September 25, 2016
- Visual Innovation Award Voting Deadline: September 27, 2016, 16:00
- Open Preview Closes and Papers Move to Subscription Based Access on IEEE Xplore: October 6, 2016
- Challenge Special Session Proposals: October 31, 2015
- Special Session and Tutorial Proposals: November 16, 2015
- Notification of Special Session and Tutorial Acceptance:
December 18, 2015Extended to 18 January, 2016
- Paper Submissions:
January 25, 20161 February, 2016 (Midnight, UTC +12 hours) [Revised, hard deadline]
- Visual Innovation Award Nomination: March 31, 2016
- Notification of Paper Acceptance:
April 30, 2016May 6, 2016
- Revised Paper Upload Deadline: May 16, 2016
- Authors' Registration Deadline: May 30, 2016
- Visual Technology Showcase Submission: June 15, 2016
- Visual Technology Showcase Results Notification: June 30, 2016
- Early Registration Deadline: July 31, 2016
- Open Preview Papers Become Available for Free Access on IEEE Xplore: August 20, 2016
Special Session Topics
- Visual Media Processing and Production in the Cloud
- Video Processing in the Wild: Understanding Real CCTV Street-Scenes
- Graph-based Multi-dimensional Image Data Compression
- Light Field Image Processing
- High Dynamic Range
- Integration of Imaging Systems and Computational Algorithms
- Immersive Media Production, Delivery and Consumption for Personalised Television
Topics Included but not Limited to:
- Filtering, Transforms, Multi-Resolution Processing
- Restoration, Enhancement, Super-Resolution
- Computer Vision Algorithms and Technologies
- Compression, Transmission, Storage, Retrieval
- Computational Imaging
- Color and Multispectral Processing
- Multi-View and Stereoscopic Processing
- Multi-Temporal and Spatio-Temporal Processing
- Video Processing and Analytics
- Biometrics, Forensics, and Content Protection
- Biological and Perceptual-based Processing
- Visual Quality Assessment
- Scanning, Display, and Printing
- Document and Synthetic Visual Processing
- Applications to various fields (e.g., biomedical, Advanced Driving Assist Systems, assistive living, security, learning, health and environmental monitoring, manufacturing, consumer electronics)
We would like to thank our Patrons
Best Paper/Student Paper Awards