The International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), sponsored by the IEEE Signal Processing Society, is the premier forum for the presentation of technological advances and research results in the fields of theoretical, experimental, and applied image and video processing. ICIP 2013, the twentieth in the series that has been held annually since 1994, brings together leading engineers and scientists in image and video processing from around the world. Research frontiers in fields ranging from traditional image processing applications to evolving multimedia and video technologies are regularly advanced by results first reported in ICIP technical sessions. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Image/video coding and transmission: Still image and video coding, stereoscopic and 3-D coding, distributed source coding, source/channel coding, image/video transmission over wireless networks
- Image/video processing: Image and video filtering, restoration and enhancement, image segmentation, video segmentation and tracking, morphological processing, stereoscopic and 3-D processing, feature extraction and analysis, interpolation and super-resolution, motion detection and estimation, color and multispectral processing, biometrics
- Image formation: Biomedical imaging, remote sensing, geophysical and seismic imaging, optimal imaging, synthetic-natural hybrid image systems
- Image scanning, display, and printing: Scanning and sampling, quantization and halftoning, color reproduction, image representation and rendering, display and printing systems, image quality assessment
- Image/video storage, retrieval, and authentication: Image and video databases, image and video search and retrieval, multimodality image/video indexing and retrieval, authentication and watermarking
- Applications: Biomedical sciences, mobile imaging, geosciences and remote sensing, astronomy and space exploration, document image processing and analysis, other applications
Paper Submission: Prospective authors are invited to submit papers of not more than four (4) pages including results, figures and references with an optional fifth page containing only references. Papers will be accepted only by electronic submission at www.ieeeicip.org.
|Submission of papers|
|Notification of acceptance|
|Submission of camera-ready papers|
|Author registration||June 6, 2013|
Tutorials: Tutorials will be held on September, 15, 2013. Brief proposals should be submitted by
January 25, 2013 February 6, 2013 at the conference web site. Proposals for tutorials must include a title, an outline of the tutorial and its motivation, a short description of the material to be covered, contact information including name, affiliation, email, and mailing address for each presenter, and a two-page CV for each presenter.
Special Sessions: Special sessions expressions of interest should be submitted by January 2, 2012, at the conference web site. Final proposals for special sessions must include a session title, rationale, session outline, contact information and biography for the session chair(s), list of authors who have agreed to present a paper in the session, and a tentative title and abstract for each paper.
|Special sessions expressions of interest due||January 2, 2012|
|Notification of special sessions acceptance||January 14, 2013|
|Tutorial proposals due|
|Notification of tutorial acceptance||March 6, 2013|